Barrell Bourbon Batch 023
Barrell Bourbon Batch 023 is a blend of 10, 12 and 15-year-old barrels. Barrell focused on a balance of richness and depth from the older barrels while allowing the 10 and 12-year-old barrels to sing through with notes of baked goods and juiciness. The blend mingled for a couple of months to heighten the lushness and complexity. Finally, Joe and Tripp methodically layered in 15-year-old barrels to bring out notes of tropical fruit and angelica spice. The result is an evolving bourbon with layers of flavor.
Cinnamon donuts lead into earthy notes of walnut, leather, and fallen leaves. Subtly fruity, with hints of white currant and honeydew melon peeking out over the classic rye spice of angelica, catnip, and black licorice.
- Distilled and aged in Tennessee
- Kentucky and Indiana Selection of 10, 12 and 15-year-old barrels
- Crafted and bottled in Kentucky
- 107.78 proof cask strength bottling
- Mash bill: corn, rye and malted barley Aged in American white oak barrels